Monday, July 2, 2012

Easy Midweek Meal

Stumbled upon this recipe a while back and it's become an easy, midweek go-to with plenty of leftovers for our family of four. I'm mostly posting it here because I can never seem to find it when I want to, but I'm always on the lookout for simple, fairly healthy recipes. I do modify the original recipe by the following:

  • Sprinkle each chicken breast with seasoned salt and garlic granules
  • Slice 2 green bell peppers and 1/2 onion - add to the top of the chicken
  • Pour 1 can of chicken broth over the breasts and peppers/onions prior to cooking
When the chicken is done cooking, and before adding the sauce, I drain and shred and then follow the rest of the instructions. I usually use Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce and Newman's Own Light Italian dressing and in reading the reviews it seems like you'll want to spend a little extra on good bottled BBQ sauce.

We usually serve the chicken on whole wheat rolls, but when I take this to work for leftovers I just bring a raw potato to cook in the microwave, then heat the chicken and put it over the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment